I'm the 3rd owner of this car. I bought it in 2003 and used it for a year and had engine failure due to oil pump issues. Then, I decided to tune the car to a different level.
The specs are mentioned below and still tuning the car / boost controller for best settings.
The car produced 346hp / 290lb.ft with below modifications at less than 1.4 bar.
Dyno was DynoDynamics and ambient temperatures were around 30 deg.C and 4 consecutive dyno runs (0.7bar, 1.0bar, 1.2bar & 1.4bar) were carried out. The 346hp was the fourth trial.
Still aiming to raise boost in winter time with fuel race.
- Built 20VT engine by Torque Italia (Barbz) with below following specifications
- Standard block
- Standard crank, balanced and polished
- Forged pistons, by CP, 83mm, CR: 8.5:1
- Forged rods, by Cunningham
- Uprated head: ported & polished, 3 angle seats
- Colombo and Bariani camshafts, intake timing: 10.2, exhaust timing: 9.4
- Spark plugs: NGK Cold Racing Plugs
Tune (Engine Management) & Fuelling:
- Standard OEM ECU
- Stage 5 'FC Performance chip' mapping from Flea @ FC Performance
- Injectors: Bosch green giant injectors, 440cc
- Walbro fuel pump, 255lph with wiring mod
- Fuel pressure regulator: Bosch 3.8 bar
- Weber fuel rail
Induction & Turbo:
- APEXi cone type air filter, dry type
- Torque Italia 3" straight induction pipe (SIP)
- Big MAF housing 3.5"
- Ported and matached intake manifold
- GT2871R with T25 turbine inlet, 5 stud turbine outlet, 0.86 A/R
- Associated accessories
- HKS SSQV V.2 blow off valve
- Exhaust manifold: standard, ported and matched
- Downpipe: 3" H&S with 5 stud adaptor, fits to standard cat flange (2 bose for lambda probe and wideband AFR sensor)
- De-cat pipe: Supersprint, with standard cat inlet flange
- Cat-Back : 2.5" BlueFlame with back box and tail
- Standard 20VT gear box, 5 speed with short shifter
- Helix paddle clutch with uprated cover plate
- Lightened standard flywheel